Warm Tomato Salad
A warm and healthy tomato salad, great served in summer months as part of a light supper or is excellently served as a starter with crusty bread.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 15-20 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 3 Beef Steak Tomatoes, Chopped into Wedges
- 3 tbs of Good Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 8 Sun-dried Tomatoes, Thickly Sliced
- 12 Black Stoned Olives
- 150g of Baby-Leaf Spinach, Thoroughly Washed
- A Small Handful of Parsley
- 75g of Parmesan Shavings
1. Place the beef tomato wedges into an oven proof dish.
2. Heat the olive oil and saute the onion until soft and then lift out the onion and arrange it on and around the beef tomato in the oven proof dish. Keep the oil to use later.
3. Scatter the olives and sun dried tomatoes and half the parsley over the tomatoes and onions.
4. Drizzle the oil used to saute the onion over the mixture.
5. Bake the mixture at 200C for 15-20mins. Watch carefully as the mixture can bur easily.
6. Place the spinach onto a serving dish and place the hot tomato mixture over the spinach. Drizzle the juices over the top and finish off by sprinkling the other half of the parsley and parmesan over the top.
Recipe provided by Fiona