Walnut Bread Rolls
Easily prepared either by hand or using a bread machine, the versatility of Walnut Bread Rolls make them a winner; stuffed with tuna & spring onion for lunch, a hunk of your favourite cheese, a bowl of steaming soup or spread with lemon curd for breakfast......
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 16
- Cooking Time 10 mins
- Preparation Time 20 mins
- 1/2 a Litre of Granary Bread Flour
- 1/2 a Litre of White Bread Flour
- 50g of Walnuts, Roughly Broken
- 1 Egg, Beaten and Topped up to 400ml with Water
- 1tbs of Walnut Oil
- 4tsp of Soft Brown Sugar
- 1.5tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Pack of Fast Action Dried Yeast
1. Tip the ingredients in the order they appear into the bread machine (or according to your manufacturer's instructions) and activate the dough program. If you are making by hand, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together, knead until smooth, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for about an hour until the dough has risen and about doubled in size.
2.Turn the dough onto a floured board and cut into 16 even sized pieces. Lightly knead and shape into rolls then place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
Pre-heat the open to 200 degrees C
3. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes until a light golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
Cool on a wire rack and either serve the same day or freeze until required.
Recipe provided by Fiona