Porchini Mushroom Risotto
Traditionally prepared throughout autumn, I defy anyone to resist this creamy flavour packed risotto.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 2
- Cooking Time 16 mins
- Preparation Time 5 mins
- 300g of Porchini Mushrooms
- About 750ml Good Quality Stock (Vegetable or Chicken)
- 50g of Butter
- 1 Onion, Finely Chopped
- 160g Carnaroli or Arborio Rice
- 25g of Butter
- 50g of Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- A Handful of Parsley, Chopped
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Wipe and slice the porchini mushrooms. Prepare the stock in a small saucepan, warming over a gentle heat as you begin to make the risotto.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and sauté the onion until soft but not coloured. Mix in the rice, thoroughly coating with the butter and onion followed by a ladle of hot stock. Gently stir until the stock has been thoroughly absorbed then repeat with another ladle-full.
3. Add the porchini and a further ladle of stock. Set the timer to 16 minutes and continue to add the hot stock, ladle-by-ladle ensuring it has been thoroughly absorbed before adding the next. At this point you need to be attentive, the rice will need about 16 minutes cooking time but may not absorb all of the stock so using a teaspoon test a little - the risotto should have a slight 'bite' (al denté) whilst being creamy and not too dry.
4. Quickly stir in the butter, parmesan cheese and parsley. Season to taste and serve immediately on warmed plates.
Recipe provided by Fiona