Tuna with Lime & Corriander Crust
Aromatic with just a hint of piquant, Tuna with Lime & Coriander Crust marinates as you prepare the accompanying vegetables then simply cooks in seconds.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 5 mins
- Preparation Time 15 mins
- 1/2tsp of Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2tsp of Coriander Seeds
- 1 Lime, Zest, Finely Chopped Plus Juice
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed
- Chopped Basil - Fresh or Frozen
- A Dash of Chilli Sauce (optional)
- 2tbs of Olive Oil
- 4 Tuna Steaks
- Olive Oil for Cooking
1. Using a mortar & pestle, crush together the black pepper, coriander seeds, lime zest and basil taking time to enjoy the aroma as all the juices are released.
2. As soon as you have a rough paste, add the lime juice, a dash of chilli sauce and olive oil, whisking with a fork.
3. Rub the lime & coriander marinade over the tuna steaks, gently pressing to lodge the spices then set aside for about half an hour for the flavours to develop and mingle.
4. Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add the tuna, spiced side down, and cook for a couple of minutes, turn and cook the underside for a couple of minutes longer until cooked.
This is really good served with Roasted Haricot Verts and a spoonful of Fruity Tomato & Almond Chutney
Recipe provided by Fiona