Tart of Scallops, Artichoke & Salted Capers
Taste the succulent opulence of a soft juicy scallop, through the creamy artichoke and into crisp buttery pastry, together with slightly salty, fruity wild capers..... Divine.
This produces a single tart, but for a special occasion do take time to prepare individual tartlettes accompanied by a flutter of soft salad leaves.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 6
- Cooking Time 10 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 250g pkt of Puff Pastry
- Half a Jar of Artichoke Spread
- 300g of Scallops, Uncooked
- A Bunch of Fresh Chives
- Salted Capers
pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
1. Roll out the pastry to about 23cm - I used a metal pizza tray, then bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes until risen and cooked. Stab with a sharp knife to release the air and allow to cool.
2. Wash and pat dry the scallops. Spread a good helping of artichoke spread over the cold pastry. Top with the dried scallops, snipped chives and a good handful of salted capers.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes until the scallops are firm and opaque, you will need slightly less time if using small scallops - they will be rubbery if overcooked.
Serve warm with salad leaves.
Recipe provided by Fiona