Sweet Potato Brownies
Four healthy ingredients make these delicious and filling chocolate brownies!
- Serves 9
- Cooking Time 50 mins
- Preparation Time 20 mins
- 500g of Mashed Sweet Potato
- 135g of Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
- 65g of Cocoa Powder
- Handful of Chocolate Chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/Gas mark 4, peel the sweet potatoes, cut into chunks and steam until they become soft then allow to cool before mashing. Grease a small baking tray and set aside (use grease-proof paper if you prefer).
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and pure maple syrup together. In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed sweet potato, peanut butter & maple syrup mix and cocoa powder together and mix very well. If using chocolate chips then stir them through now too.
3. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for around 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing into pieces.
Best eating when completely cooled and out of the fridge, they're also freezer friendly too!
Recipe provided by A member of the Marshalls Seeds Team