Oca is a tuber and is not unlike a potato in flavour or an artichoke in texture. Roasted Oca is delicious and makes an excellent low calorie alternative to Potatoes. 100g of Oca contains just 30 calories which is very low when compared to Potatoes which contain 80 calories per 100g!
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 15-30 mins
- Preparation Time 5 mins
- 200-300g of Oca, Washed Thoroughly and Left Unpeeled.
- A Splash of Olive or Vegetable Oil.
- Salt and Fresh Black Pepper.
Preheat your oven to 200C or gas mark 6.
1. Chop the Oca into chunks or cut into chip shapes.
2. Place in a roasting tray or dish and cover lightly in a good olive oil or vegetable oil.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste, or if you like a spicy kick add some paprika.
3. Place in the oven and roast for 15-30 minutes depending on size and how crispy you like the skin.
Recipe provided by Paul Nicolson