Roasted Elephant Garlic
If you thought you didn't like the taste of Garlic, think again! Elephant garlic produces huge, delicious bulbs which are excellent when served roasted and marinated with butter and olive oil.
- Serves 2
- Cooking Time 40-55 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- Elephant Garlic Bulb
- Olive Oil or Butter
- Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the elephant garlic bulb in half horizontally.
2. Cover the heart in butter or drizzle olive oil and gently rub in.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Put the two halves of the bulb together and wrap in foil.
5. Place in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees or Gas Mark 4 and bake for 40-60 minutes depending on the type of oven.
Share one large elephant garlic bulb between two for a starter, or have a hole one as a main.
Recipe provided by Paul N