Roast Asparagus with Serrano Ham
Bundles of oven roasted crunchy green asparagus, wrapped in slightly salty Seranno ham. I am fond of vegetable dishes which can be prepared in advance and don't require terribly much attention until they are ready to serve.
This recipe serves 4, but is very obvious to scale up or down, or perhaps when asparagus is in season and plentiful, then serve to a crowd.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 15-20 mins
- Preparation Time 3 mins
- 16 Asparagus Spears
- 4 Serrano Ham, Thin Slices
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 Lemons, Freshly Squeezed
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C. Wash & trim the asparagus.
2. Assemble bundles using 4 spears of asparagus. Wrap each bundle in a slice of Serrano ham, drizzle with olive oil and roast for about 20 minutes. (Depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears. Test for tenderness with the point of a sharp knife after about 15 minutes for really slim spears)
3. Place on a serving plate and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice which will make a dressing.
Recipe provided by Fiona