- Encourage sweet and tender rhubarb stems
- Terracotta colour
- Based on traditional Victorian design
- With the look of true terracotta but lightweight and easy to move
- Made from multi-density polyethylene, chip and break-free
- More durable to variable UK weather than true terracotta
- H75cm, diameter 50cm
Get this traditional Rhubarb Forcer for your kitchen garden and relish a yield of rhubarb much sooner than if you grow rhubarb unforced.
Growing rhubarb without light in its initial sprouting stage encourages the stems to stretch and as a consequent develop soft tissue which happens to be tastier and tenderer than regular rhubarb.
Made from polyethylene your Rhubarb Forcer is more lightweight than a true terracotta forcer and easier to move around your plot, and to lift once you wish to harvest the delicious forced stems.
Not only is your Rhubarb Forcer conveniently lightweight, it stands up to our variable weather, resistant to cracking or becoming brittle from frost or fading in UV sunlight.
We recommend that you remove the lid after around six to eight weeks after placing the Rhubarb Forcer over the rhubarb crown. Check to see on how the rhubarb is getting on – the stalks should be around 30cm (12in) tall with light green/yellow leaves
75cm / 29in