Plum Crumble with Cassis
Crumble is an adorable childhood favourite but is easily transformed into a dinner party dessert with the addition of creme de cassis, enhancing the truly deep flavour of fresh plums.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 20 mins
- Preparation Time 20 mins
- 3 Apples such as Golden Delicious
- 500g of Plums (about 12)
- 3tbs of Creme De Cassis
- 1tsp of Cornflour
- 100g of S.R. Flour
- 25g of Soft Brown Sugar
- 25g of Caster Sugar
- 50g of Unsalted Butter
1. Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Stone and quarter the plums. Place both in a saucepan over a medium heat along with the creme de cassis, simmering for about 15 minutes until tender.
2. Mix the teaspoon of cornflour with a little cold water (about 2tbs), making a runny paste, and stir into the cooled fruit. Tip into an oven-proof serving dish.
pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
3. Mix together the flour and sugar in a small bowl, rubbing in the butter with your finger tips until you reach the consistency of fine breadcrumbs, though don't worry if the odd piece of butter remains.
4. Sprinkle the crumble mix over the fruit and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and firm to touch.
Serve with warm custard or chilled cream.
Recipe provided by Fiona