Orange-Polenta Cupcakes & Orange-Rosemary Frosting
Take a break and enjoy the flavours of an Italian summer. These delicious cupcakes have superb flavour make an excellent treat in the afternoon with a cup of tea.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 12
- Cooking Time 25 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 100g of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 100g of Saster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Orange Zest, Finely Chopped & 2tbs of Juice
- 100g of Self Raising Flour
- 25g of Polenta
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 25g of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 60g of Cream Cheese
- 180g of Icing Sugar
- Zest of 1 Orange, Finely Chopped
- Small Sprig of Rosemary, Tender Leaves Only, Finely Chopped
pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C
1. Cream together the butter, sugar, and orange zest until light and fluffy. One-by-one beat in the eggs.
2. Sieve the flour, polenta and baking powder into the mixture and fold-in using a spatula followed by 2tbs orange juice.
3. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases and divide the mixture between them then bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes until risen, golden and firm to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
4. Gently cream together the frosting ingredients and casually spread over each cupcake. Decorate with a tender rosemary leaf.
Recipe provided by Fiona