Make a delicious mushroom soup. Delicous when served with soft fresh bread as a starter or serve in a larger portion to make a light and healthy lunch.
- Serves 2
- Cooking Time 30 mins
- Preparation Time 12 mins
- 275g/10oz of Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 25g/1oz of Butter
- 2 Vegetable/Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1 Pint of Boiling Water
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 10fl oz of Whipping Cream
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and fry until golden.
3. Add the mushrooms stir well.
4. Cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Dissolve the stock cubes in the boiling water and add to the mushrooms.
6. Stir well and season.
7. Bring gently to the boil then cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Blend in a mixer until almost smooth.
9. Stir in the cream and parsley, warm through without boiling and serve.
Recipe provided by Merryhill Mushrooms