Minted Pea Mash
No fresh vegetables in the fridge and only a bag of peas lurking in the freezer? No worries, this takes minutes to prepare and is equally successful with garden peas and fresh mint may replaced by pre-frozen - but please don't use dried.
Place a spoonful of mash in the centre of the plate then top with a piece of grilled fish or meat. It looks positively planned!
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 5 mins
- Preparation Time 5 mins
- 500g of Fresh or Frozen Baby Peas
- A Large Handful of Fresh Chopped Mint
- Large Knob of Salted Butter
- Dollop of Creme Fraiche
1. Zap the peas in the microwave until al dente which if they are tender, would only be enough to defrost or if you are using fresh peas, simmer until tender.
2. Add the mint, butter and créme fraiche then either mash with a hand held potato masher or pulse in a food processor, retaining a little texture.
Re-heat to serve.
Recipe provided by Fiona