Lemon & Basil Cupcakes
Release your inner child and treat yourself to homemade cupcakes.... with a difference: a sophisticated cream cheese frosting of blended lemon zest, fresh basil and twist of mixed peppercorns to guarantee instant appeal for adults and children alike.
Recipe provided by Fiona at Recipes2share.com
- Serves 16
- Cooking Time mins
- Preparation Time mins
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon zest, finely chopped and juice of half
- 130g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30g butter, softened
- 80g cream cheese
- 240g icing sugar, sifted
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. One-by-one beat in the eggs then the lemon zest, basil and about 6 twists of peppercorns.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold in using a spatula.
3. Divide between 16 paper cake cases then bake for 18 -20 minutes until risen, golden and springy to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
Beat the butter and cream cheese together then gradually add the sifted icing sugar, beating until glossy. Decorate with a dried rose petal and silver dragée.
Recipe provided by Fiona