Lemon & Basil Cupcakes
Release your inner child and treat yourself to homemade cupcakes.... with a difference:
A sophisticated cream cheese frosting of blended lemon zest, fresh basil and twist of mixed peppercorns to guarantee instant appeal for adults and children alike.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 16
- Cooking Time 20 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 100g of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 100g of Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Basil Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1 Lemon Zest, Finely Chopped and Juice of Half
- 130g of Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 30g of Butter, Softened
- 80g of Cream Cheese
- 240g of Icing Sugar, Sifted
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. One-by-one beat in the eggs then the lemon zest, basil and about 6 twists of peppercorns.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the mixture and fold in using a spatula.
3. Divide between 16 paper cake cases then bake for 18 -20 minutes until risen, golden and springy to touch. Cool on a wire rack.
Beat the butter and cream cheese together then gradually add the sifted icing sugar, beating until glossy. Decorate with a dried rose petal and silver dragée.
Recipe provided by Fiona