- Grow tasty salads on a windowsill with success
- 4 seed packets: one each of rocket, mizuna, red and green oak leaf lettuce and spinach
- 4 growing pots
- Traditional-style wooden trough (33 x 9 x 9.5cm)
- Compost with effective moisture control - feeds for up to 8 weeks
- For all year-round harvests
- Cut and come again leaves after snipping them off at the base
Grow fresh salad on your windowsill at home with this Kitchen Garden Salad Kit. In your kit you get an attractive wooden trough with authentic Unwins Seeds logo. The trough accommodates 4 plastic pots which you fill with the compost and seeds provided.
Sow the seeds on top of the compost and cover with a further thin layer of compost. Water daily and pour away any excess water that collects at the bottom of the trough. Expect seedlings to be visible after around 2 weeks.
Once each plant grows around 5 or 6 leaves you can start to snip them off for salads; new leaves will emerge from the base of your plants for continued harvests of succulent and buttery leaves.
This Kitchen Garden Salad Kit is excellent value for money and makes it the perfect gardening gift. Includes full instructions with and colour illustrations.