- A refreshing and rare black-flowered variety
- Lots of petals on every flower
- Beautiful rose-like and evocative flowers
- Classic cut flower variety
- Happy in sun or shade when planted into moist soil
This rare and elegant hellebore variety reveals blooms in near to jet-black. Look forward to the impact they give in winter; every flower shows off lots of petals for big impact in the winter when other flowers are dormant.
Hellebore Double Black first gives you palm-like leaves, decorative in themselves before revealing beautiful flowers from February when their rose-like appearance cheers up the winter garden. They look striking planted by bright yellow and linen-white snowdrops and daffodils.
If growing in containers, plant with early bulbs like snowdrops, aconites and miniature daffodils to mark the end of winter and welcome the spring.
Get some sharp secateurs and cut some of the flowers for vases or bouquets bringing a bit of colour to the home.
Up To: 35cm (14in)
- Hardy Perennial - sow indoors or on a seedbed (April-June); transplant later to flower for many seasons
- Attracts Bees
- Good in containers and pots
- Varieties suitables for cutting
- Will flower well in full sun
- Will flower well in partial sun