Don't be scared to make it - its really simple and incredibly economical to feed a crowd and have provided proportions rather than specific quantities which all depend on the weight of your salmon.
This typical dish is a sliver of Norway to share with the rest of the world.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 6
- Cooking Time 0 mins
- Preparation Time 3-4 Days mins
- Salmon Fillet, Skin Left On
- 60g of Salt & 60g of Sugar Per Kilo of Salmon
- Spirit Flavouring for Example Brandy, Vodka or Pernod
- Chopped Fresh Dill
- Mustard Seeds
- Ground Black Pepper
1. Remove any bones from the fillet. Wipe clean with kitchen paper but, do not remove the skin.
2. Place the salmon, skin side down, in a non-metallic dish. The fish should lie flat.
3. Rub the dry ingredients into the salmon, working it into any crevice. Pour a 'slug' of liquor over it then cover the dish with cling film.
Leave in the fridge for 3 - 4 days (depending on the size of the fillet), basting regularly. The salmon will change from its raw state to firm textured with an opaque 'cooked' appearance.
Serve very thinly sliced.
Recipe provided by Fiona