Fennel With Parmesan Crumb
By steaming fennel the pungent aniseed flavour is made delicate, producing a tender accompaniment for richer meats such as lamb or sausages.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 45 mins
- Preparation Time 5 mins
- 2 Fennel Bulbs, Halved
- 60g of Butter, Softened
- 4tbs of Good Quality Breadcrumbs
- 2tbs of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Milled Black Pepper
1. Place the fennel in a steamer over a pan of simmering water, cooking for about 25 minutes until tender. Remove, drain on absorbent paper then place, cut side up, in an ovenproof dish.
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
2. Cream the butter with a fork. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan and black pepper then distribute the mixture in rough heaps between the bulbs.
Bake for about 15 minutes until lightly golden and piping hot .
Recipe provided by Fiona