Mixed Seed Rolls
A deliciously nutty flavour, perfect for any occasion - breakfast, lunch or dinner. I adore the convenience of rolls which can be popped into the freezer then defrosted as required, though this recipe also makes an equally fantastic loaf.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 16
- Cooking Time 10 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 1 Egg, Topped to 400ml With Water
- 1tbs of Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1/2 Litre of Rye Flour
- 1/2 Litre Plain Bread Flour
- 25g of Sunflower Seeds
- 25g of Linseeds
- 25g of Sesame Seeds
- 50g of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1.5 tsp of Sea Salt
- 4tsp of Soft Brown Sugar
- 1pkt of Fast Action Dried Yeast
1. Tip the ingredients in the order they appear into the bread machine (or in the order according to your manufacter's instructions) and activate the dough programme. If you are making by hand, thoroughly mix all the ingredients together, knead until smooth, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place for about an hour until the dough has risen and about doubled in size.
2.Turn the dough onto a floured board and cut into 16 even sized pieces. Lightly knead and shape into rolls then place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Leave to rise for 1 hour in a warm place.
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C
3. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes until a light golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
Cool on a wire rack and either serve the same day or freeze until required.
Recipe provided by Fiona