Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
Make this cream-free but creamy soup, it's bound to be a hit with all ages!
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 45 mins
- Preparation Time 5 mins
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 1 Shallot, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Cut into 1-inch Cubes
- 4 Cups of Chicken/Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1-2 Teaspoons of Salt & Ground Pepper for Seasoning
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the diced onion and shallot, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent, which should take about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chopped garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the cubed sweet potatoes, chosen stock, cinnamon, and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. (Sweet potatoes should become very tender.)
4. Using a blender, or a food processor, purée mixture. Return the mixture to the pot and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe provided by A member of the Marshalls Seeds Team