Creamy Spinach Chicken
Swathed in spinach, mushrooms and cream sauce, this dish is perfect for year round dining - warming yet fresh and light.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 35 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed
- Olive Oil
- 4 Breasts of Chicken, Chunked
- 250g of Mushrooms, Wiped & Sliced
- 200g of Baby Spinach, Shredded
- 200ml of Cream
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C.
1. Using a flame-proof casserole dish, gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chunks of chicken, tossing in the pan until lightly browned.
2. Stir in the mushrooms and spinach followed by the cream and seasoning. Bring to a simmer, cover and place into the pre-heated oven: cook for 20 minutes with the lid on, remove the lid, stir then cook for a further 10 minutes, uncovered.
Serve piping hot with rice.
Recipe provided by Fiona