Cream of Carrot & Chive Soup
A light soup which is ideally served as a starter or accompanied by fresh bread for lunch. As a flavour boost, use the cooking juices from a roast chicken, though a good quality stock cube is an acceptable alternative.
The quantities are as a guide only, make as much as you care and freeze for a later date.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 30 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 1- 2tbs of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 6 or 7 Large Carrots, Peeled, Trimmed and Roughly Chopped
- 2 Sticks Celery, Cleaned and Roughly Chopped
- About 1 Litre of Chicken (or Vegetable) Stock
- About 100ml Cream
- Handful of Snipped Chives - Fresh or Pre-Frozen
- Black Pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan along with the onions, cooking for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the carrots and celery and continue to sweat, stirring for about 5 minutes until they just begin to soften. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer until the vegetables are tender. Cool.
3. Either with a hand blender or liquidiser, whizz to smooth.
4. Return to the pan along with the cream, chives and pepper and serve piping hot in warmed bowls.
Recipe provided by Fiona