A moist textured cake, delicious spread with creamy butter and a lunch pack favourite of Marion and Paul at La Coumeto, in the pretty village of Bouisse when they prepare packed lunches for their walking groups.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 10
- Cooking Time 90 mins
- Preparation Time 15 mins
- 375g of Caster Sugar
- 250ml of Corn Oil - or Alternative Flavourless Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 5tbs of Milk
- 500g of Courgettes, Grated
- 750g SR Flour
- 1/2tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp of Ground Cloves
- 200g of Flaked Almonds (or Walnuts, Chopped)
- 150g of Raisins
Grease and base line 2 x 450g loaf tins. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs and milk.
2. Fold in the grated courgette.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into the oil mixture, followed by the nuts and raisins.
4. Divide the mixture between the 2 tins, smooth and bake for about 1 1/2 hours until risen and firm to touch. The top should spring back when gently pressed. Cool in tins until 'just' warm. Turn out onto a wire rack. Store in an airtight container or wrap for freezing.
Recipe provided by Fiona