Courgette & Leek Soup
Low in fat and lighter than the more traditional leek & potato version. Serve with rustic bread for a warming lunch.
I prefer to use the whites of the leek, but this is preference only, so feel free use the whole vegetable. Weight wise, it is double the quantity of courgettes to leeks.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 8
- Cooking Time 20 mins
- Preparation Time 10 mins
- 2tbs of Olive Oil
- 2 Leeks (about 400g) Sliced & Rinsed, The Whites Only
- 3 Courgettes (about 800g), Halved Lengthways and Sliced
- 1.5 Litres of Hot Stock (Vegetable or Chicken)
- A Large Pink of Black Pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based pan and sauté the leek for about 10 minutes until tender. Add the courgette and cook for a further 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Cool then pureé until smooth - a hand blender is efficient here. Add a generous sprinkle of black pepper to taste and serve piping hot.
Recipe provided by Fiona