Chilled Melon & Smoked Duck Salad
A refreshing lunchtime treat when the sun is beating down and you desire thirst quenching foods. The mild chilli contrasts with the slices of smoked duck which you can find at a good deli.
I topped my salad with a splotch of chickpea dip which I happened to have pre-made in the fridge.
Recipe provided by Fiona at recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time 5 mins
- Preparation Time 15 mins
- 1 Head of Broccoli, Broken into Florets
- 1 Cantaloupe Melon, Skinned and Cubed
- Slivers of Goats Cheese, Taken from the Pyramid Shaped Variety
- Smoked Duck, Thinly Sliced and with the Fat Removed
- 1/2 a Mild Chilli, Sliced
- Raspberry Vinegar
- Fruity Olive Oil
1. Steam the broccoli to al-dente then quickly refresh in iced water to retain the colour.
2. Meanwhile, divide the melon cubes between your serving dishes and neatly tuck the broccoli florets and slices of duck around the melon. Skatter with goats cheese and if using, top with chickpea dip, arranging 3 slices of chilli to decorate each salad. Chill.
3. Just before serving sprinkle with a small amount of raspberry vinegar and olive oil.
Recipe provided by Fiona