Carrot & Onion Soup
Whether you are serving a hungry crowd or simply using a glut of vegetables this is a quick, simple soup to prepare.
For variation add chopped coriander or finely chopped orange zest, either to the whole quantity or alternatively divide into portions, flavour then freeze. Use a hand blender for convenience, but this works equally as well with a blender.
Recipe provided by Fiona at Recipes2share.com
- Serves 6
- Cooking Time 30 mins
- Preparation Time 5 mins
- Olive Oil for Frying
- 1kg of Carrots, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
- 1kg of Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Litre of Tasty Stock
- Cracked Black Pepper (optional)
- 3 Litres (Additional) Stock
1. Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan. Add the onion and cook over a low heat until soft but not coloured. Add the carrots and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
2. Pour in the 1 litre of stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season with a good pinch of black pepper to taste.
3. Cool slightly then blend to smooth, leaving soup in the same pan and using a hand blender. Pour in the additional stock, mixing well.
Re-heat and serve or chill until required, or portion and freeze.
Recipe provided by Fiona