The Marshalls Family
Looking for something...
- Grow-your-own Strawberries
Save yourself the headache of strawberry shortfalls in the chaos of uncertainty. Nationwide Strawberry farms are in turmoil as a 20% shortfall in migrant workers becomes a reality.
- Year of the Carrot - Charisma F1
2019 is the year of the carrot and we would like to introduce carrot Charisma.
- To Dig or Not to Dig – That is the Question!
Is 'winter digging' a thing of the past? A few years ago I would make sure my veg plot was dug over 'properly', but there is now another school of thought worth considering.
- The beauty of bare-root plants
Grow bare-root plants to give you strong-growing trees full of flower, striking leaves or fruit. Planting bare-root has many advantages over pot plants. Read more to find out why.
- Plant now for early vegetables
Plant these tasty vegetables now in the autumn and enjoy fresh tasty greens from as early as this December and into the new year.
- Three simple ways to replenish your soil the natural way
Here are our three top tips to getting a soil worth its weight in gold
- The virtues of shallots
Many a fine diner scans the menu for shallot-based dishes on account of the unique flavour they have to offer. Top chefs love working with them; whatever the variety.
- Know your onions- When is the best time to plant
I’ve spoken to many a home-grower in my time about growing onions and the jury is well and truly out regarding when it’s best to plant your sets. But here at Marshalls we’re here to help.
- The circle of life - recycle old plants and bring in the new
Learn how to revamp the soft fruit on your plot whether it's a kitchen garden or full-sized allotment through renovation or replacement. We let you know what you should do with old and tired soft fruit.
- Protecting your garden during the heat wave and water shortage
The UK is seeing hot weather and a drought in places so extreme that farmers can't meet demands on the lettuces, cabbages and cereals we depend on.