Looking for something...
- Grow-your-own Strawberries
Save yourself the headache of strawberry shortfalls in the chaos of uncertainty. Nationwide Strawberry farms are in turmoil as a 20% shortfall in migrant workers becomes a reality.
- Year of the Carrot - Charisma F1
2019 is the year of the carrot and we would like to introduce carrot Charisma.
- To Dig or Not to Dig – That is the Question!
Is 'winter digging' a thing of the past? A few years ago I would make sure my veg plot was dug over 'properly', but there is now another school of thought worth considering.
- The beauty of bare-root plants
Grow bare-root plants to give you strong-growing trees full of flower, striking leaves or fruit. Planting bare-root has many advantages over pot plants. Read more to find out why.
- Three simple ways to replenish your soil the natural way
Here are our three top tips to getting a soil worth its weight in gold
- Protecting your garden during the heat wave and water shortage
The UK is seeing hot weather and a drought in places so extreme that farmers can't meet demands on the lettuces, cabbages and cereals we depend on.
- Create a Patio Bowl Pond
With our Patio Bowl Collection you can easily introduce a water feature in to your garden. This easy to follow guide will show you how to create your own garden water feature.
- Get Potatoes ready for chitting
The potatoes are out of the shed looking good and are ready for chitting. My personal preference is to place them in an old egg tray and store them in a cool but frost free place (I keep mine in my trusty garden shed). You should see the first sign of shoots within a few weeks. This is the ideal time to prepare your potato bed, while eagerly awaiting planting time.
- Tomato Montello Wins Again
Tomato Montello and Premio Tomato wins 1st place in show.
- How to create perfect containers using Spring Flowering Bulb Layer Pads
James Oakey shows you how to plant Spring Flowering Bulb Layer Pads