Basil & Walnut Pesto
Use your fine homegrown basil and a fruity olive oil to encapsulate the summer flavours of the Mediterranean.
With a rich nutty flavour, Basil & Walnut Pesto is the ideal accompaniment to pasta or salads.
Recipe provided by Fiona at Recipes2share.com
- Serves 2
- Cooking Time 0 mins
- Preparation Time 6 mins
- 60g of Basil (A Large Bunch)
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Crushed
- 25g of Walnuts
- 25g of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 150ml of Fruity Olive Oil
1. Roughly tear the basil and throw into the goblet of a liquidiser along with the garlic, walnuts, and grated parmesan cheese.
2. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Pulse until you achieve your preferred consistency from a rustic chunky to quite smooth.
Keep refrigerated in a sealed jar until ready to use. Use within a week.
Recipe provided by Fiona