Apple & Cinnamon Cake
When apples are plentiful make this delicious cake and enjoy with your morning coffee, afternoon tea or served warm with creme fraiche as the finale to an autumnal supper.
- Serves 6
- Cooking Time 75 mins
- Preparation Time 15 mins
- 300g of S.R. Flour
- 1.5 tsp of Cinnamon
- 250g of Demerara Sugar
- A Small Handful of Raisins
- 125g of Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 170ml of Milk
- 250g of Apples (2 to 3), Peeled , Cored and Chopped
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C/ Gas Mark 4
Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin
1. Sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl.
2. Stir in the sugar and raisins.
3. Add the melted butter, eggs, milk and apples. Beat until smooth.
4. Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for about 75 minutes or until the cake is firm and springs back when lightly touched.
Allow to cool and then sprinkle with icing sugar.
Recipe provided by Fiona