Apple & Blackberry Crumble
Nothing will taste as good as picking and using your own fruit!
A quick and easy recipe to melt the hearts of adults and children, with soft fruit and crispy crumble.
- Serves 5
- Cooking Time 30 mins
- Preparation Time 15 mins
- 3 Apples Peeled , Cored and Chopped
- 150g of Blackberries
- 2 tsp of Sugar (more to taste)
- Cinnamon (a pinch)
- 2 tbsp of Water
For the crumble
- 75g of Butter (or Margarine)
- 25g of Sugar (Demerara if you have it)
- 50g of Porridge Oats
- Cook the chopped apples with the blackberries, sugar, water and cinnamon in a saucepan and simmer until soft.
- Taste before adding more sugar if using cooking apples.
- Put into a baking dish.
- Mix the flour, margarine and sugar until they are like breadcrumbs (or, alternatively blitz the mixture for 20-30 seconds in a food processor or mixer).
- Stir in the oats and put the mixture on top of the apples and blackberries.
- Put in the oven at 190'C or Gas mark 5 for 20-30 minutes
- Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe provided by Paul Nicolson