Tuna with Lime & Corriander Crust
Aromatic with just a hint of piquant, Tuna with Lime & Coriander Crust marinates as you prepare the accompanying vegetables then simply cooks in seconds.
Recipe provided by Fiona at Recipes2share.com
- Serves 4
- Cooking Time mins
- Preparation Time mins
- 1/2tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2tsp coriander seeds
- 1 lime, zest, finely chopped plus juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- chopped basil - fresh or frozen
- dash chilli sauce -optional
- 2tbs olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks
- olive oil for cooking
1. Using a mortar & pestle, crush together the black pepper, coriander seeds, lime zest and basil taking time to enjoy the aroma as all the juices are released.
2. As soon as you have a rough paste, add the lime juice, a dash of chilli sauce and olive oil, whisking with a fork.
3. Rub the lime & coriander marinade over the tuna steaks, gently pressing to lodge the spices then set aside for about half an hour for the flavours to develop and mingle.
4. Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add the tuna, spiced side down, and cook for a couple of minutes, turn and cook the underside for a couple of minutes longer until cooked.
This is really good served with Roasted Haricot Verts and a spoonful of Fruity Tomato & Almond Chutney
Recipe provided by Fiona