Ant nests can be a real problem to control in border soils and lawns and cause raised areas of soil and disruption to plant roots. They can be controlled with parasitic nematodes.
- Simply water the nematodes directly into the nest using a watering can.
- Apply April to September to a well-watered lawn or border.
- Soil temperature must be at least 10ºC/50ºF and ants should be active.
- The microscopic transparent worm controls both black and red ants.
- Treatment can be repeated. One pack will treat up to 16 nests.
- Safe for children, pets, wildlife, totally safe to use near food crops and to use the lawn directly after application.
- Nematodes will attack the young Ant larvae so allow 10-14 days for visible effect.
- They are safer, more effective, but slower acting than a contact action pesticide which kills the adult ant but not the young larvae underground.
When you receive your pack of Nemasys, place it in the refrigerator immediately and use within the use by date (which can be up to four weeks).
How To Apply Ant Nest Nematodes
Please Note: This product will not kill the Ants, it will simply move them away from the areas treated.