Getting Started - David's Five Top Giant Veg Growing Tips
1) Start with the right Seeds - you don’t grow a giant from “normal” seed!
2) Ground preparation is key - the ground needs to be deep, rich and well manured
3) Timing - planting as early as possible, using shelter and protection such as plastic covers or fleece
4) Pest and disease control - make sure you keep on top of this
5) Watering and feeding - what the plant needs , when it needs it!
If you are taking your veg to your first show - (and why not give it a go!), don’t worry if you don’t think it is very big - the other growers are a really friendly bunch who will gladly give you advice and often some seed, to get you going for next time and there is always the possibility that you will win something anyway!
PS: If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask.